Copperlan sync Ableton -

Copperlan sync Ableton -

Postby neilquinlan » 13 Jun 2012, 17:02

Hello!

Firstly, thank you for your amazing work, its really what I have been looking for in the studio and hope to intergrate it heavily in the coming months!

As a simple first test, I installed the app on two of my machines in the studio running ableton live. I did the various connections in the manager and was soon slaving one machine to the other. ( VMIDI 1 on master to Vmidi 1 on slave, clock transmitted )

Tempo on master machine : 120BPM fixed.
Tempo on slave machine : floating around 130BPM ( 129 - 131, changing on each beat )

Firstly, it sounds quite tight, and not a whole 10BPM out. But the slave machine is saying its over 10bmp difference between the two. Is there something I could of done on setup that created this problem. Also its not perfectly tight sounding and the slave does seem to stutter a bit from time to time...

Many thanks for your time and look forward to building a relationship. Amazing work and Im very excited!!

Best,

Neil
neilquinlan

Re: Copperlan sync Ableton -

Postby Copperhead » 14 Jun 2012, 14:54

Hi Neil,

Thank you for the kind comments.

We have no known clock problem, but...
Are you sure that you have allowed receiving the clock ticks besides the start/stop commands?
Otherwise, both apps run at their own tempo under a common start/stop control.

If that's not the problem, try the following:
If you computers are both PC, could you install MIDI-OX on both.
Set one as a clock generator and the other as a receiver.
Try also the combination of one MIDI-OX and one Ableton as sender/receiver, then invert their roles.

Keep us updated.
Copperhead
Site Admin

Return to Bug report