Beta 1.2(2): Multiple VMeters not recognized

Beta 1.2(2): Multiple VMeters not recognized

Postby sunmachine » 29 Sep 2013, 20:32

The CP Manager doesn't recognize two VMeters (http://www.vmeter.net, Revision A).
There's only one showing up in the CP Manager (probably because they use the same port name).
Studio One sees both devices, though.

When I rename the devices in the Audio/MIDI application of OS X they are both showing up.
So not a big thing for me, but as far as I know this can be a problem on some Windows systems.
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, OS X 10.9.5
sunmachine

Re: Beta 1.2(2): Multiple VMeters not recognized

Postby CopperPhil » 29 Sep 2013, 20:45

oK I'll check this.

Do you know that if you CopperLanize both IN and OUT MIDI port related to a controller supporting feedback, the CopperLan current value is provided to this controller using the same CC message used by the controller during sending?

For example, with a BCF2000, activate both IN and OUT MIDI port in CopperLan, create a CopperLan Controller related to a motorized slider or to a knob with a LED crown, assign this controller to a CopperPlug parameter (or any CopperLan parameter actually), and that's it.

I guess this is also available for the VMeter. I just read the spec and it seems that it is listening its feedback using the same CC that it is sending.
CopperPhil

Re: Beta 1.2(2): Multiple VMeters not recognized

Postby sunmachine » 29 Sep 2013, 21:26

Yes it does! I didn't try it with CopperLan yet but it works that way with Studio One for example.
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, OS X 10.9.5
sunmachine

Return to Bug report