KORG USB-MIDI

KORG USB-MIDI

Postby LucasVS » 20 May 2014, 15:58

Hi there, I'd like to report a possible bug related to a KORG MIDI driver.

I downloaded and installed CopperLanSetup_XP32[20140428_1.3(2)].exe into a WXP32 box to take a maidentrip with Copperlan, and everything I fiddled with appeared to work OK, so far so good. No KORG driver yet installed.

Then I installed the universal KORG USB-MIDI driver (KorgUSB-MIDI_DRV_PC_1_14r4.zip) for my nanoKontrol. From then on the CPVNM service crashed at each Windows startup, and also when I tried to start CPVNM manually after Windows startup.

I uninstalled the KORG driver and CPVNM worked normally again.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the KORG driver itself since I also tested that one separately.

Encompassing everything with Copperlan looks like a neat concept to me, and I hope there's a solution for this soon 8^).

Lucas
LucasVS

Re: KORG USB-MIDI

Postby spw_la » 21 May 2014, 14:12

I am having a very similar issue on a Mac.

With CopperLan Manager installed (CopperLanSetup20140428_1.3(2).dmg) on my Mac running OS X 10.9.2 everything appears to be working fine and the MIDI ports for my Mac appear in the connection window and my Ethernet Interfaces are correctly populated in the preferences window.

When I plug in my KORG NanoKontrol2(a USB MIDI Device using latest driver available USA_KORG USB-MIDI Driver 1.2.1 (r4).dmg) into my Mac, the MIDI ports for my Mac in CopperLan Manager then disappear and when I go into preferences there are no Ethernet Interfaces listed in the dropdown box. Once I unplug my KORG NanoKontrol2 from my Mac and wait 30 seconds, the MIDI ports return to the CopperLan Connection window and the Ethernet Interface dropdown box re-populates with the connected interfaces.

I am attempting to use CopperLan to connect the KORG NanoKontrol2, which is connected to my Mac, to a PC on my local network.

Any ideas why this conflict is happening?
spw_la

Postby CopperPhil » 21 May 2014, 14:19

Hi,

We have to investigate in order to find out if the problem is due to CopperLan or to the Korg driver. We'll keep you informed here as soon we have the answer.

/Phil
CopperPhil

Postby solar3D » 23 May 2014, 19:59

Hi,

first of all I would like to say thank you for CopperLAN, for me the most exiting development in the Midi business over the last 5 years! And that it uses Juce to some degree is even more funny as I am also
using that framework for my app. www.solar3d-software.com

Anyway, unfortunately I have to say that the problem described above seems not to be related to Korg only.
I am running Emagic Unitor8 on Mac and since the latest update, CopperLAN cannot init that device properly.
In fact, it seems to try to init the device and then the Mac disappears in the CopperLAN manager until I turn the interface off. So it might rather be related to USB devices as such...

Happy to give more information if you need them to fix it.

Best
Joerg
solar3d-software
solar3D

Postby CopperPhil » 23 May 2014, 20:16

Hi,

We just tried here a nanoKontrol2 with the Korg MIDI driver and it is working perfectly under Windows.

It would be great if some of you could give more information on how to reproduce the issue (configuration description, etc...)

Nevertheless an issue related to MIDI port management has been identified under MacOSX and is about to be fixed. A CopperLan update would be deployed next week. Stay in touch!

Cheers,

/Phil
CopperPhil

Postby solar3D » 02 Jun 2014, 14:25

Hi there,

any news on this. When can we expect the bug fix?
I am a bit dead in water...

Thanks,
Joerg
solar3D

Postby CopperPhil » 02 Jun 2014, 16:10

Hi Joerg,

We got feedback from other users relating to the Korg MIDI driver and we made a lot of tests last week.

Our conclusion is that the Korg MIDI driver is the cause of the trouble you encounter. This is confirmed by numerous comments on other non-CopperLan related forums.

You'd better using your Korg equipment without the Korg MIDI driver, and rather rely on the standard MIDI drivers part of the operating system.

So for Windows, please uninstall the Korg MIDI software, then go to the windows device manager, audio controller..., select the nanoKontrol2, uninstall the driver. Unplug the controller, reboot, plug it again, and then you can finally use the nano Kontrol through the regular Windows MIDI drivers.

(The bug fix related to MacOSX is a minor update, not related to the Korg driver issue.)

/Phil
CopperPhil

Postby solar3D » 04 Jun 2014, 13:53

Hi Phil,

thanks!
I am the one in this thread having problems with the MAC, not with Korg.
Do you have any idea about the release of the fix for the MAC issue?

Thank you!

Joerg
solar3d-software
solar3D

Postby CopperPhil » 04 Jun 2014, 14:12

Ha ok, sorry :D

I think we would be ready to publish a CopperLan package update by the end of this week.

/Phil
CopperPhil

Postby CopperPhil » 06 Jun 2014, 14:28

CopperPhil

Next

Return to Bug report