Mac OSX - iMac - no ethernet on POPUP chooser

Re: Mac OSX - iMac - no ethernet on POPUP chooser

Postby CopperPhil » 08 Nov 2015, 09:22

Hi Eriberto,

This is really strange, I can't figure out what os going on... Did you got the issue just after installing CopperLan 1.4(2)? Are you sure that you did not install other hardware/software?

Did you try disconnecting all USB MIDI or audio interface?

Can you try to install these previous version to check if your problem is still there?
- version 1.4(1): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/215 ... %29%5D.dmg
- pre-version 1.4(1): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/215 ... %29%5D.dmg
- version 1.3(3): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/215 ... %29%5D.dmg

Thanks,

/Phil
CopperPhil

Postby edemunari » 08 Nov 2015, 10:31

Hi Phil thanks for the fast reply and for the previous versions links!!! Maybe you should consider a repository for all past versions, I will appreciate for testing and debugging...

Well at the present the only thing different except for Copperlan 1.4(2) is NI Maschine 2.4 software that I don't understand if install also a different driver or just only the software, trying to evaluate if switching on Maschine Studio Hardware, that light up the Maschine midi driver in Midi/Audio Setup, will change something.

The stage thing is that killing the cpuser and the cpnvind processes doesn't make the ethernet card visible again... I have to restart the iMac...

I'll go on testing... thanks again!!!

Cheers, Eriberto
edemunari

Postby verstaerker » 08 Nov 2015, 11:47

maybe this is interesting - i had terrible problems with my motu midiinterface as well - especially with sleep mode and/or disconnecting the device - wich always forced me to restart the machine
their support wasn't helpful at all
i ended up selling this piece of s...

maybe consider get rid of the motu as well ... remove all drivers and see if the problem is gone.. or maybe try a new user and/or a clean install of OS X on a testpartition
verstaerker

Postby edemunari » 08 Nov 2015, 14:41

Well!! rewrapping all.

Sold al my Motu interface (2)!! They're buggy at all with copperlan!!! and Bought Alyssum AL88c that works great!!!

But this only partially solved my problems until Copperlan 1.4 pre release that on my opinion is the version that rocks!!!

Phil don't ask me way but the 1.4 pre release is the last that works seamlessly on my iMac... the 1.4(1) sometimes lost the ethernet card and with 1.4(2) my Novation SL49 MKII USB, as all the usb device directly connected to the iMac did, sometimes disappears. Until yesterday when maybe due the new NI Machine Driver the ethernet Card gone again...

At the present with 1.4 pre release and NI Machine working too till my last post no problems at all.

I'll let you know how it goes on.

Cheers, Eriberto
edemunari

Postby CopperPhil » 08 Nov 2015, 18:15

Thanks, now I can check the changes between versions, hope that it will help me to understand what can be going wrong is some situation.
CopperPhil

Previous

Return to Bug report