Mac OSX - iMac - no ethernet on POPUP chooser

Re: Mac OSX - iMac - no ethernet on POPUP chooser

Postby brancoforte » 10 Mar 2015, 17:59

I have recently purchased two AL88 and one ALex, for starters, in the hope of converting my studio to CopperLan.

I had exactly the same issue on my MacPro!
After fresh installation, no Ethernet Interface visible in the Pop-Up chooser.

I wasted almost two days in finding the issue.
In my case, the "culprit" were the Access Virus TI drivers.
After deinstallation of the Access Virus TI Suite, the Ethernet interface suddenly became visible in the CopperLan Manager PopUp window.
I do not quiet understand how these drivers may have affected the ethernet port on my Mac...

How can it be possible to administer a complex setup where third-party MIDI drivers are constantly updated?
I am starting to regret to having jumped on the Copperlan bandwagon if after updating the drivers of my instruments I have to cringe whether my MIDI still works or not.
I am a musician, I am used to MIDI being Plug `n Play and not Plug `n Pray!
brancoforte

Postby Copperhead » 10 Mar 2015, 19:20

The problem you encounter is likely related to the latest MAC OS version "Yosemite".
We have heard of several MIDI drivers from various suppliers (e.g. Avid Core Audio) that are not Yosemite compliant by design and that create install glitches for other applications.

We have a solution in place for some time that we sent to our usual group of testers.
We would be pleased letting you join the validation group and receiving your feedback.
Here is the link to the CopperLan package V1.4 pre-release for Mac.

As we apply and validate other changes it is still on hold and should be released officially soon.

Hoping that it solves your issues.
Copperhead
Site Admin

Postby brancoforte » 10 Mar 2015, 23:43

I had forgotten to mention that my system is Mac OSX 10.8.5
I will try the suggested 1.4 pre-release to see if I can now use my Virus TI within my setup-
Thanks!
brancoforte

Postby edemunari » 08 Apr 2015, 14:24

Hi CopperPhil
this beta Version rocks solid both on Maverick and Yosemite!!! Completely solved my Ethernet card popup problem and let me light up my Behringer X32 without any crash of Copperlan.

Just a momentary freeze one time on one of my Alyseum AL-88 but switching on/off it vanish.

So, please remember me and let us rename the interface ports, not only the Alyssum ones, and if you could let us choose where midi clock source from the devices it selves and not force us using different snapshot on Copperlan Manager...

;O))

Thanks again, Eriberto
edemunari

Postby edemunari » 08 Apr 2015, 14:25

ehhem, sorry, Copperhead not CopperPhil...
edemunari

Postby camden_guitarist » 20 Jun 2015, 14:05

Hello there,

I'm new to this forum and I'm glad I found this topic since it's exactly the same problem I am experiencing with the connection between my brand new Alyseum AL88c and iMAC.

I'm running the Copperlan manager on a 2006 iMAC, running OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. I've configured it once, yesterday and all went well, but today when I boot the computer and want to open Copperlan manager it cannot seem to find a network interface. The settings I put in yesterday are still valid though but if I want to actually edit my setup I have to deinstall the package and reinstall afresh.

I was wondering if anybody found a solution. I'm using the 1.3 version of Copperlan Manager since the 1.4 version did not seem to work and gave me this problem from the getgo.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Paul
camden_guitarist

Postby camden_guitarist » 21 Jun 2015, 13:41

Hi there,

I've been doing some basic research and found out some errors in my previous statement so I'll correct it all here:

my iMac is a 2009 model 24" iMac @ 2,66GHz with 4Gb Ram, running OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.
1 Firewire port (not used) and 4 USB ports:

1. USB connection to Akai Z4 sampler
2. Belkin USB hub with WD 500Gb external storage and a Korg NanoKontrol 2 USB midi interface.
3. Apple Keyboard
4. CME Xkey USB keyboard

It connects to my netbox (Freebox router) via WIFI for internet acces and I'm using the Ethernet controller to connect to my Alyseum AL88c.

I'll start testing the setup without any USB periphirals connected other than the Apple Keyboard and I'll work my way up from there.

Cheers,

Paul.
camden_guitarist

Postby camden_guitarist » 21 Jun 2015, 15:33

Well, after a first test I concluded that with only the Apple Keyboard and re-installing the Copperlan Manager, it all works, CPM finds the 2 network adapters (Ethernet and WIFI) and automatically chooses Ethernet. After a reboot however, it does not find any network adapters...

Does anybody know what causes this? The WIFI still works, and the ethernet card is still present and working, but for some reason CPM does not find it. Might some tinkering in the network properties resolve something? The network card has been configured with a manual adress of 192.0.0.1 and subnet mask 255.255.0.0

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Paul
camden_guitarist

Postby camden_guitarist » 23 Jul 2015, 14:04

Dear Copper Phil,

Today I finally got to re-installing the iMac I was using for Copperlan Manager, to see if the tip of a fresh install of OSX would do the trick...and lo and behold, it did...I've rebooted twice now, and the network interface stays in the configuration of the Manager. I'll keep on testing of course in the course of the coming weeks, but already it works better than before when I had to re-install the Copperlan Manager every time I booted up.

Cheers and thanks for the heads up!

Paul.
camden_guitarist

Postby edemunari » 08 Nov 2015, 08:28

Hi, back again... it seem that last version of Copperlan Package 1.4 (2) reintroduce the no ethernet card problem I was talking at the head of this tread...

:o :(

The system became really unstable again...

Any idea or tip really appreciated.

Cheers, Eriberto
edemunari

PreviousNext

Return to Bug report