Snapshot Recall Sticks on File Loading

Snapshot Recall Sticks on File Loading

Postby xpander » 29 Nov 2015, 02:09

I made several changes (added an Alyseum AL-88c, upgraded a PC and moved to CopperLan 1.4.2) so it might be hard to tell why, but now, after switching to another snapshot once or twice, the Restore Snapshot window opens and hangs saying Loading File. The Snapshot options window doesn't appear; all until I close and re-open CopperLan Manager.

Also, should there be any problem using different versions of the CopperLan Manager on different PCs on the same network? (Windows XP, Version 1.3 and Version 1.4)?
xpander

Re: Snapshot Recall Sticks on File Loading

Postby xpander » 29 Nov 2015, 08:53

I had uninstalled old versions of CopperLan Manager. Installed Version 1.4 on just one PC. (I7 Windows10)
xpander

Postby xpander » 29 Nov 2015, 21:03

now i'm cooked. uninstalled 1.4, reinstalled 1.3 and now there is no ethernet
interface in the settings dropdown. the copperlan over ethernet protocol driver is in the local area connections properties. something like the previous post 'Not Ethernet interface after update to 1.4
'
xpander

Postby CopperPhil » 29 Nov 2015, 21:32

Hi,

The "no ethernet interface" issue has been identified and fixed, it was related to an installation under Windows in 32-bit mode. Is it your case?

Anyway, please try the latest 1.4 build (November 20) from our web site. Since you did several uninstalls & installs, please start by uninstalling the current version, reboot and then install the latest build to ensure that this is a fresh install.

The snapshot issue should be purely related to the CopperLan Manager. we can have a look at this when you get back to a functional setup.
CopperPhil

Return to Bug report