Copperlan freezes on energy saving

Copperlan freezes on energy saving

Postby Ripper » 15 Nov 2017, 11:44

Hi Copperguys.

I noticed this issue some months ago but as i wasn't needing the midi system for realtime use or recording i didn't bother with it.

The problem is that the copperlan service gets freezed, that is, midi stops working, when i'm not using the pc's keyboard or mouse for quite some time. That is obviously when i am playing my synths for a bit more time and probably energy saving starts to do it's thing. To have it come back I need to stop the service and start it again -simply Restarting it will not work, in that case I have to close de proccess and sometimes even restart the pc.

I am using Windows 10 x64 and the latest CP version. I haven't tried in the windows 7 system yet, need some more days to be able to do it.

I understand maybe there are some optimal setting in windows 10 to avoid this but haven't figured out which should they be.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Joao
Ripper

Re: Copperlan freezes on energy saving

Postby CopperPhil » 15 Nov 2017, 14:10

Hi,

We never noticed this problem so far... CopperLan is used here on several laptops and wake up properly after sleep or hibernation.

The issue could be due to 3rd party MIDI driver. Some of them do not support properly the Win10 upgrade and then do strange things, without being notified of any problem from the driver or the system.

-> The first question is: are you using the standard MIDI drivers or 3rd party MIDI driver ?
CopperPhil

Postby Ripper » 15 Nov 2017, 14:26

I have the following midi devices in this system:
Kurzweil PC3K;
Studiologics Acuna 88;
Korg M3 Module;
Korg PadKontrol and Ketron MidJay Plus;

I will make the test with only the Acuna 88 and some VST and then tell you something on this.
Ripper

Postby CopperPhil » 15 Nov 2017, 14:29

I had a similar problem before under Windows 8 with Korg driver and a Korg nanoKONTROL. Uninstalling the Korg driver to use the standard driver instead did it.
CopperPhil

Postby Ripper » 15 Nov 2017, 15:33

I'm not sure if the Korg M3 editor will work without the korg driver installed but I will tried that approach too. ;)
Ripper

Postby Ripper » 21 Nov 2017, 10:30

Sorry for the long time without answering this, but I was dealing with an issue that was getting the rest of my already rare hair falling down: a forgot my midi controllers foot pedals disconnected from the power plugs and "they" were sending volume 0 to the Korg M3 after some seconds of playing it. Sh*t, lol. This part is already solved. :mrgreen:

Now, the OP issue:
I tried without the korg driver installed but the results were the same.
I don't mind disabling the all energy saving stuff when playing but whould be nice If it worked this way for every one, if it doesn't we need to fix it. ;)
Ripper

Postby Ripper » 23 Nov 2017, 20:34

Hi guys.
I just made some more digging on this and the problem resides effectively on the korg DrvTools but NOT on the driver itself. I unistalled the drvTools software and it worked without any stops or crashes yesterday and tomorrow. I am playing the keyboards and let it on yesterday for some hours and no problems till now.

Thanks for the tip.
Ripper

Postby Ripper » 23 Nov 2017, 20:39

Not so fast :mrgreen:

One real and old one now:
When I open a CP To Midi Port it always goes to MIDI To CP after clicking On.
That's annoying because sometimes I have to open the 3 ports from my Sonic-core Scope system and i have to chose again CP TO Midi everytime after having clicked on the ON button to open the next one.

:idea:

Best regards Copperguys ;)
Ripper

Return to Bug report