View MIDI commands of each device live

View MIDI commands of each device live

Postby gnunoob » 21 Mar 2013, 18:16

Though maybe not a completely necessary feature, and something that can possibly be accomplished with another program, I would like to see a window similar to the connection overview that displays midi signals as they happen throughout the network. Identify which device sent the command, to which device the command was sent, what the command was, and then save a log of each event.

Then later the log can be used to execute the events later from inside CopperLan. Use the log as a form of automation in a script. Preset series of MIDI commands like an automation clip in a DAW controlling a value in a plugin, or tempo or volume. With my Launchpad, I have rows / columns of filters for my MIDI patterns in the form of automation clips. Used to control a value specific to one parameter in a plugin. I realize that binding the MIDI ports with a virtual cable allows me to send the information across the network already, but I would like to automate the process of automating the process. If that makes sense. Like a macro or something.

If sending a saved series of MIDI commands in the form of automation inside of CopperLan is asking too much, I would still like for it to save a log of what all happened on the network during my last session.
gnunoob

Re: View MIDI commands of each device live

Postby Copperhead » 02 May 2013, 11:24

Displaying what happens in MIDI is not a feature we intend to implement in the CopperLan Manager.
However, you can use any application that does it (e.g. MIDIox), and hook it up to any flow the Manager handles.
There is no limit to the connections you can monitor besides the limits of the monitoring program itself.
(number of independent flows and windows)
Copperhead
Site Admin

Return to Feature request