Copperplug for 1.1

Copperplug for 1.1

Postby PIDNEE » 13 Aug 2013, 06:14

I am looking for the copperplug package. But the copperplug.com site takes you to the copperlan site. So I assume a newer copperplug is still in development? Given there is no download for it on the copperlan site.
PIDNEE

Re: Copperplug for 1.1

Postby Copperhead » 13 Aug 2013, 08:14

Yes, you're right; the new Copperplug package is currently under beta testing and will be available openly in a few weeks.
You can participate in the validation at the following address:
http://cplinternal.com/Default.aspx

Thanks
Copperhead
Site Admin

Postby PIDNEE » 14 Aug 2013, 02:34

Wow thanks. I wasn't expecting a link the next day! Looking forward to testing this.

I must take this opportunity to thank all involved at copperlan. Its protocols open many Doors (DAWs) :)
You are freely allowing bedroom studios to become multiple room studios! I want ethernet ports in every room now! I hope to see many devices have copperlan embedded in the future. I run sonic core cards, seems the wise people at sonic core are already implementing copperlan. Exciting times ahead.

The missing link now would be audio over lan, next to the midi signals. It seems then the sky is the limit. I read somewhere you have plans to implement audio too, is this the case? Can LAN really do multiple live audio? I ask because if copperlug works well, i will want to start running optical audio cable. Unless there i a hint i can spend my money on cheaper ethernet cables if i am patient. :mrgreen:

This technology really changes things.
PIDNEE

Copperplug

Postby AXPNAS » 16 Aug 2013, 16:49

PIDNEE wrote:Wow thanks. I wasn't expecting a link the next day! Looking forward to testing this.

I must take this opportunity to thank all involved at copperlan. Its protocols open many Doors (DAWs) :)
You are freely allowing bedroom studios to become multiple room studios! I want ethernet ports in every room now! I hope to see many devices have copperlan embedded in the future. I run sonic core cards, seems the wise people at sonic core are already implementing copperlan. Exciting times ahead.

The missing link now would be audio over lan, next to the midi signals. It seems then the sky is the limit. I read somewhere you have plans to implement audio too, is this the case? Can LAN really do multiple live audio? I ask because if copperlug works well, i will want to start running optical audio cable. Unless there i a hint i can spend my money on cheaper ethernet cables if i am patient. :mrgreen:

This technology really changes things.

Hey there (again) Phil :)
And PIDNEE ;)
+1 and more for the words.
I am using ReaStream for the Audio over Lan ( http://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/ )
But for it to work with CopperPlug, we have to hop for that Phil/the team will implement a multi vst output feature for the output stream :P
I´m sure that if the team make the Lan Audio Plugin, Feature, the system wil be way over the sky :P
AXPNAS

Postby PIDNEE » 22 Aug 2013, 12:22

Thanks for the link. Just spent days sorting new PCs DPC latency. Might as well try an upset it with audio and midi over LAN :twisted: they don't make socket 775 boards like they used to :P 2 PCI slots that seem to want to share IRQs with anything if they can.

Copperplug is working well for me. I have almost fully mapped my first synth (The Novation V station), so far no problems, but I can't say I have pushed it at all yet. I am only running cat 5 cables atm, but getting around 500mb/s still. I am looking at the 32 bit and 64 bit plugins and wondering if this can bridge them also! If not, that is a cool to have :)

Very responsive, Nice interface I have to say across the platform. You can feel the care and time taken to make it such a clean UI (I have helped make a couple in my time.) Some of the assigning can be a little tedious, but I am sure over time the workflow would become a little quicker. The uploads is a great idea also, I will surely upload any I make (after testing them of course).

Will do some latency testing if I can get audio over lan working too.

Huge props for making this free to end users. What is the best way to support you guys, as a home end user?

I assume at some point we get coppercoffee where we can control the peculator from the mixing desk....... :ugeek:

Edit: Ahh the ReaPlugs are all 32 bit :( so far for me bridged apps upset my latency too much.
PIDNEE

Postby CopperPhil » 22 Aug 2013, 12:56

Hi Pidnee,

Cross wrapping 32/64bits plugins is very, very complicated, and the result would never meet the user's expectation in term of latency. Not sure it's a good idea...

Huge props for making this free to end users. What is the best way to support you guys, as a home end user?

Make noise around you about CopperLan! Seriously, good feedback from enthusiastic users is the best promotional tool 8-)

And tell us if you have any suggestion/idea to enhance the CopperPlug Manager GUI/workflow. We are so into it that everything seems obvious for us...

I assume at some point we get coppercoffee where we can control the peculator from the mixing desk....... :ugeek:

You don't know how right you are! :lol:

/Phil
CopperPhil

Bridging/Wrapping

Postby AXPNAS » 23 Aug 2013, 12:03

Edit: Ahh the ReaPlugs are all 32 bit :( so far for me bridged apps upset my latency too much.

Yeah the 64bit version is only made for Reaper :(
Are you using http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/ for bridging ?
AXPNAS

Postby PIDNEE » 30 Aug 2013, 00:11

I do own jbridge, it works very well. But now i am working at much lower latency, i am quickly opting for all x64 vsti. I was hoping as copperplug was seeing both 32 and 64 it may be possible to get a lower latecy bridge. I think you're right CopperPhil, if it effects low latecy, its not worth it at all. I can hear crackles from the bridge at low latency. Understandably so in a realtime signal i suppose.

So far for me copperlan and copperplug when running are barely notciable when running dpc monitors to check what is clogging up cpu access. Though i havent really pushed anything yet via copperplug.

I have lemur running via copperlans virtual ports, not even on an adhok network, just via the wireless ac router, i get around 4-7ms latency, seems i can be anywhere in the house too! I have Vstation via copperplug on a pc in another room, latecny is also very low, but i am not piping the audio back yet via lan. Today i will try and set up lemur to control the copperplugged Vstation. So far i can't believe how fast its all working.

As far as workflow in copperplug, i am going to use it a little more, before I am bold enough to make suggestions. :mrgreen:
PIDNEE

Postby AXPNAS » 30 Aug 2013, 17:28

My settings are 96 samples on my 64 bit Master system (Audio Card MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid) (Maxing out the cpu using DIVA as stress test there) and only using briged ReaStream over Lan gives me ZERRO latency reading in Studio One (true ? but works) using a briged synth will add 0.3 ms (using one or +++? it´s still 0.3)
Thats why ill keep my 32 bit thing´s running on the older PC´s and stream the audio back to my Master Daw.
Using ASIO4ALL on the slaves running Them on 64 samples/Buffer.
I can hear crackles from the bridge at low latency

Yep for me that where a issue using about 50% cpu.
Then i found out that turning on the Snipping Tool in Win 7/8 on the slave machines,
made me go from crappy sound at 50% Cpu at low lantency to 98-99 Cpu use at same latency.
And yes no crackles at all...

Ps. Picture from Slave i5 streaming to Master i7 Cpu
AXPNAS

Postby CopperPhil » 30 Aug 2013, 17:46

Wow! That's awesome! :P

Axpnas, when you have a little time it would be nice if you could shoot a short video demonstrating your setup...

/Phil
CopperPhil

Next

Return to General