how to use?

how to use?

Postby CopperPhil » 11 Nov 2011, 10:23

this is a question from Kousa Dogwood posted on Facebook.

I installed Copperlan, Copperplug and CopperLan Controller on iPod touch. I select same Private Lan among PC and iPod. I put the pluginame.dll and *pluginname(CP).dll in the vst folder and could load (CP) versions of the vst inside host daw. After that, what do you require to do in order to connect between PC(host) and iPod touch (client)?

I presume you have also the definition file (pluginname.def) file next to the plugin dll and wrapper dll, so you can see the plugin GUI when you load the pluginname(cp).dll inside the DAW.

So at this time, you can control plugin's parameters from it's GUI and from any CopperLan Manager on the network.

When you launch the CopperLan Controller on an iOS device, you first have to check that it displays "CopperLan" on the bottom right corner, status bar. If it is not the case, it means that the application is unable to get connected to the network. Then you can assign the sliders to the plugin's params very simply: click on the "Learn" button, move the slider you want to assign, move a knob on the plugin's GUI. That's it...
CopperPhil

Re: how to use?

Postby pinnacle » 11 Nov 2011, 11:16

Hi, thanks for reply to my question.

Yes, I copied that Karnage.cpd with the other 2 files. And I can open the synth and see
Karnage 280845fe |Learning: no
Sample CopperPlug definition file for Karnage

In the Copperlan Manager, I can see the Karnage parameters in the Editor tab.
But, even if I tweaked some parameter in it I can't get any change on the Karnage.
Bottom of the CopperLan Manager, It says "(S)" and "Ethernet".

For the iOS CopperLan Controller, it says No CopperLan. Do you have any setting required to search and link with host computer that runs CopperLan?

It seems that there are two suspicious causes, 1st is controlling vst parameters from CopperLan Manager, 2nd is linking beyond Lan.

(Should I need VMid port also enabled inside the host Daw application? Or CopperPlug won't require VMid port?)
Though I know it is still developing tool I'm glad if I can get tips that you can provide to sort them out.
Thanks.
pinnacle

Postby CopperPhil » 11 Nov 2011, 12:32

well, I remember I had the same issue before (param not updated in wrapped plugin), but it should be fixed now. I have to check that the wrapper dll available from the website is up to date. I'll do this week-end. Normally, if you act on a Karnage knob, it's replicated on CopperLan Manager/Controller/any other controller watching this param.

CopperPlug don't need VMidi port, it is a CopperLan application with a direct access to the network.

It seems that the iOS Controller is unable to get connected to CopperLan. It should be able to, CopperLan is a zero config network... do you have any firewall/shield running on the PC? if so can you temporarily disable it and check if the iOS controller find the CopperLan network?
CopperPhil

Postby CopperPhil » 11 Nov 2011, 20:41

I'll do some changes in the CopperPlug wrapper. Should be online next week... meanwhile you can also test CopperVex (http://sourceforge.net/p/coppervex/home/Home/), it is a VST plugin modified to support natively CopperLan (high resolution, enhanced musicality). You can control it from the XYController (see "other copperlan sample code" from the coppervex page) and other CopperLan controller.
CopperPhil

Postby CopperPhil » 15 Nov 2011, 09:59

I just updated the CopperPlugPackage.zip file, you can download it from the the CopperPlug web site.

It's working with the iOS CopperLan Controller (or any other controller actually) and VSTi GUI update is working under different hosts, except the Standalone VSTi Host V1.34. Still investigating why...

It is also possible to directly bind a Music connection to the plugin. For instance, you can connect VMIDI1.Ch 1 output to the Karnage.Music input.
CopperPhil

Return to General