Beta 2.0(11): Problems with Thumbnails

Beta 2.0(11): Problems with Thumbnails

Postby sunmachine » 29 Dec 2013, 17:26

When I click on the camera button I only get a black image with a thin gray line (or a green image).
I tried EZMix, Lounge Lizard and some others. For some plug-ins it does work, though.

EZMix AU: green image
EZMix VST, Lounge Lizard EP-4 VST, HOFA 4U Meter Fader VST: black image with thin grey line at the top
Lounge Lizard EP-4 AU: ok!
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, OS X 10.9.5
sunmachine

Re: Beta 2.0(11): Problems with Thumbnails

Postby CopperPhil » 29 Dec 2013, 21:32

Hi,

I see that I still have issue with this $@#à§6%! cocoa/carbon compatibility :evil: Damn, it's really a nightmare. I already spent so much time on this issue.

Did the plug-in GUI fully displayed on screen when you clicked on the camera button? I mean, is it a relation with the plug-in's GUI current visibility?

Well I'll try these plug-ins. Perhaps they bring me a new idea.

Thanks,
CopperPhil

Postby sunmachine » 29 Dec 2013, 21:40

CopperPhil wrote:Did the plug-in GUI fully displayed on screen when you clicked on the camera button? I mean, is it a relation with the plug-in's GUI current visibility?

Yes, it's fully on screen when I click the button.

The HOFA plug-in is available for free here:
http://hofa-plugins.de/pages/start_en/4u_en.php
sunmachine

Postby chrisfoster » 06 Jan 2014, 03:20

Plug in floating window displays nicely...this would be the developer supplied image.

The thumbnail generator image resolution is too coarse i.e it looks fuzzy in the 'Definition file editor' and terrible within the Player slot windows.

Is the developer supplied image being utilized and then dynamically or statically re-sized ?
chrisfoster

Postby chrisfoster » 06 Jan 2014, 15:10

Having a think about this...I dont like the current approach at all.

Given that were going to want way more slots, the idea of graphics, especially at current resolution is :cry:

I would personally like to see a similar approach as the Windows 8 Start Screen...a grid of Web2.0 type coloured tiles with reverse contrast text /fonts.

Put the ability to select at least font size, use random colours and if we want to get fancy (you have the time) a user select-able swatch of colour and fonts.

Case in point today, making some definitions for Brainworx Plugins.....they basically all look the same at this size and they are DARK. I think the screenshot approach is a disaster...I need something that I can see easily from a distance..just the name is fine (for me it would be an 18 font)

I realize this is not a Tab we would be in for long periods but...just like web design 'Dont make me think' !
chrisfoster

Postby CopperPhil » 08 Mar 2014, 18:32

Yes indeed, using colours is a good idea. But I'm not sure to undertsand why you need to identify the slot from a distance...

The player is just aimed to host plug-ins, the control should be done from keyboards and controllers having embedded capability of user-friendly target selection. Our vision is one or more computers hosting plug-ins in backstage or server room, feedback about currently selected instrument & sound should be available just in front of the musician...

We are about to release a companion software for the CopperPlug (Mac, PC and iPad): a versatile control panel demonstrating the power of CopperLan in terms of target selection and automatic assignment. We can resume this discussion once you've tried this application ;)
CopperPhil

Postby sunmachine » 08 Mar 2014, 19:18

Coooool, really excited about the iPad app! Let me know if you need a tester :)
sunmachine

Return to Bug report