More default modifier types

More default modifier types

Postby sunmachine » 09 Oct 2013, 20:46

In the Modifier Parameter Configuration panel you can select a Modifier from a given list.
Will there be more specific values in the future, e. g. Threshold, Ratio, Makeup Gain for Compressors and Low Frequency, Low Gain, Low Q, Filter Type, Low Mid Frequency, Low Mid Gain etc. for Equalizers?

I think these will be needed to make the most out of the SmartConnect feature?
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, OS X 10.9.5
sunmachine

Re: More default modifier types

Postby CopperPhil » 09 Oct 2013, 21:02

Yes, this list is not frozen. We have already defined a number of standard value, and this list is regularly extended in collaboration with manufacturers when we're faced with new products.

But we must be careful and keep it concise. Too many choice kills the cross-compatibility and make it very difficult to choose the right message number.
CopperPhil

Postby sunmachine » 09 Oct 2013, 21:54

Makes sense. However, it might be a good idea to add common values already now anyway so that the plug-in wrappers can already use them and benefit from future controllers that make use of SmartConnect (without the need to update the wrappers then).
sunmachine

Postby CopperPhil » 09 Oct 2013, 22:02

This is the case... when you click on the message number field, a popup menu appears and gives a choice from a sorted number list filled depending on the section flags associated to the current parameter set.

For example if you activate "LFO, Modulation Generator" in the "Section configuration" list, the message number selection popup menu will suggest a "LFO, Modulation Generator" sub-menu with the messages related to this kind of section.

Isn't what you mean?
CopperPhil

Postby sunmachine » 09 Oct 2013, 22:14

Yes, that's what I was referring to. :)
I did set the section flag on the parameter set, but I didn't find the values I listed in my original post.
sunmachine

Return to Feature request