Ipad with WIndows 8

Ipad with WIndows 8

Postby Ripper » 05 Mar 2013, 14:09

Hi,

I am trying to configure my Ipad 4 to Copperlan with a windows 8 PC.
I am not being able to get that "No Copperlan" out of that lower right corner in Copperlan Manager in the Ipad.
I have already disabled the Kaspersky Firewall in the Win 8 PC, but nothing changed. I have this connected throught a Netgear Wireless router and I am inclined to thing that there may be something there that is preventing copperlan to talk between both machines.
May it be some service port or something like that that is being blocked? What should i try to find it? Any specific stuff? Any tracing tool you would recommend to go throught this?

I am very new to Ipad, once that I only have it for some days, not even a week. No doubt it synchronizes with the pc with this wireless connection.
Ripper

Re: Ipad with WIndows 8

Postby CopperPhil » 05 Mar 2013, 14:30

Due to technical restrictions imposed by Apple, the CopperLan Manager running on the iPad relies on a computer (Mac or PC) on the same local network range.

So, first check that you have installed the latest version of CopperLan on your computer.
Then check that your computer and your iPad are sharing the same subnet mask and are within the same IP range.
You can try a ping from your PC to check that it is able to see the iPad.
Finally, check that the ports 40987 and 40988 are open on your PC (not blocked by firewall).

If it still does not work, it can be due to WIFI environment... numerous WIFI networks, high latency, bad coverage can be some clues...

/Phil
CopperPhil

Postby Ripper » 05 Mar 2013, 15:35

Yap, same ip range (and obviously, same subnet);

Copperlan 1.1;

No problem with WIFI environment (Only my wifi network is reachable, and it is both G and N);

Let's check those ports this night, and try a ping.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Ripper

Postby Ripper » 08 Mar 2013, 10:30

There must be something i'm missing:

-Both ports are open in Win 8 and even in the Netgear Router WNDR3700.
-I ping from the IPAD with no packets lost.

Hum...
Ripper

Postby Ripper » 13 Mar 2013, 23:40

I've been making some testing on this.

I notice that the only way I have "Copperlan" in ipad Copperlan manager Is when I connect my Sony Vaio to the wireless network. The server is windows 8 as Vaio is too. Dispite this, the Ipad is never found anywhere into Copperlan Manager.

All the ping work fine.

One more thing: when i close the wireless connection in Sony Vaio, once the Ipad's Copperland Manager updates the connections and notices that the Vaio is no longer connected it simply closes. Really, this is very strange.

I stil don't get it.
Ripper

Postby Ripper » 15 Mar 2013, 13:36

Nothing can be done?
Ripper

Postby Ripper » 15 Mar 2013, 16:00

At least tell me that you are trying to figure it out, or make a tutorial to make it work.

I don't have problems about figuring out problems with tcp and network connections in windows, what is my new land is IOS. And I'm affraid it is there that I'm failling.
Ripper

Postby Copperhead » 15 Mar 2013, 16:28

There are no MIDI ports handled by CopperLan on the iPad (Apple's restriction mentioned hereabove). This is why you don't see the iPad.
We are working on a workaround.
Thank you for your interest in CopperLan.
Copperhead
Site Admin

Postby Ripper » 15 Mar 2013, 16:34

No problem about not seeing the Ipad in Windows' Copperland Manager. That was only a side note. ;)

Not being able to make the thing to work in the Ipad is the issue.

Thanks for the aknowledgement. Now I know there is something being done about this.

Cheers.
Ripper

Postby Ripper » 22 Jul 2013, 10:11

I understood that at the time, hehehe!
Ripper

Return to Questions