CopperLan changing midi channels?

CopperLan changing midi channels?

Postby remark » 31 Dec 2013, 14:13

Hi,
I have two macbooks running Live 8.
A Launchpad connected via usb to Mac A. and a simple Copperlan network setup so that the launchpad is controlling both Abletons.
Only issue is that in midi map mode, on mac A live maps the launchpad to midi data on channel 5 (this is normal) but on Mac B its seeing the data, and mapping it on channel 1.
I need it to be on channel 5 on both macs - can anyone suggest why this is happening and how to resolve it?

Thanks
remark

Re: CopperLan changing midi channels?

Postby CopperPhil » 31 Dec 2013, 16:36

Well, please check the connection from the CopperLan Manager's "Connect" tab.

CopperLan allows you to create complete virtual MIDI cables, or to do patching on a channel basis. Just check Channel outputs related to the Launchpad MIDI port and verify that each output is well connected to the related input on both target VMIDI.

If you still have the issue with each source channel matching the target channels, then you probably have some option in Live doing channel remapping.
CopperPhil

Postby remark » 31 Dec 2013, 16:51

Yeah. I drew a midi cable from launchpad on vmidi1 on mac A to vmidi1 on mac B.
I assumed that this should send the data as is (on channel 5 of vmidi1).. But it's changed to channel 1 for some reason... I also tried drawing a midi cable just directly from channel5 out but the same happened
remark

Postby CopperPhil » 31 Dec 2013, 17:04

.... do you mean that the source CH5 to going to the destination CH1 when you create a MIDI cable? :?

Normally you should have something like this:
Untitled.png
CopperPhil

Return to Questions