MIDI PIPE

MIDI PIPE

Postby r00n01 » 11 Jan 2015, 04:16

Hello Midi copperheads,

Ron from Tasmania.

I have read that copperlan will do application to application midi transfer on the same computer by creating a midi pipe - like a bome midi driver or midi yoke.

I can see how the midi works over the network, but I can not set up a working pipe.

If I go to midi copperlan manager on main computer and then click vmidi1, then click on midi virtual cable and add one. I then try to connect vmidi1 out from a virtual midi keyboard into a standalone synth and nothing happens.

Is there enough information here to see what I am doing wrong? firewall? one way midi? the input and the output mixed around? is there something else using this vmidi virtual cable?

Additionally if I may be so bold,....
is there a way to rename the midiports to make them more user friendly and identifiable?

thanks for your help. This software is amazing.
r00n01

Re: MIDI PIPE

Postby Copperhead » 12 Jan 2015, 11:00

Hello Ron,

Thank you for the kind words.

You can find a description of the connection procedure in the Support tab of the CopperLan Manager application under the heading "MIDI patching across the network".
Once you have brought some MIDI flow to a Vmidi, the second step is in selecting the latter within the target application for the connection to be complete.

As for renaming the ports, this is something already planned but we don't know when it will be done.
Copperhead
Site Admin

Re: MIDI PIPE

Postby r00n01 » 12 Jan 2015, 14:17

Cheers....
With fear of getting banned from the forum i have to say .....the software is programmer friendly and not all that musician friendly.
Found the 101 tute and got it working like a dream
I love midi.
r00n01

Return to Questions