Long Term Support

Long Term Support

Postby Puppeteer » 19 Feb 2015, 11:05

Hi,

I like the look of CopperLan and the Alyseum interfaces as a solution for MIDI I/O going forward. My concern and question is about long term support.

Is there a commitment to provide drivers into the future? I'm getting quite a collection of functional hardware that simply cannot be used due to lack of drivers (mLAN, DSP Factory, Midex etc), and this gear ain't cheap.
Puppeteer

Re: Long Term Support

Postby Copperhead » 20 Feb 2015, 02:51

We are supporting all versions of Windows from XP onward and plan supporting Windows 10, at the same time that we cover the MAC domain in parallel. (No support of XP64)
We are a very small company and we have ongoing actions for more business, so the future seems bright, so we are happy supporting our technology.
In this respect we believe that we are already doing and will continue doing better than some big corporations (think of Yamaha with its thousands employees not supporting its own stuff after just a few years!).
However who could guarantee what tomorrow will be?
The only thing we can say is that the more the public appreciates and shows an active support for CopperLan we will continue doing our part.
Thank you,
Copperhead
Site Admin

Re: Long Term Support

Postby gilesjuk » 24 Feb 2015, 11:05

I have this concern also. Even with sticking with the same OS version you still can have patches break stuff.

Access to the code would be nice should (for whatever reason) the product be abandoned or the company be defunct.

I'm a fan of Mutable Instruments and all their code and PCB layouts are released after the first batch of the product is sold.
gilesjuk

Return to Questions