Output to virtual port not working

Output to virtual port not working

Postby Scoox_ » 04 Nov 2015, 09:48

Hi, I use a number of software applications for live performance with MIDI devices. Under Windos, if a USB MIDI device is unplugged and then plugged in again, many of these applications need to be restarted to reconnect the MIDI hardware. NI Traktor works like that under windows, it's a terrible design but that's the way it is.

CopperLan supports hotplugging so I want to use it as a bridge between the USB MIDI hardware and Traktor. I've configured CopperLan as follows (an example):

Launchpad S -> VMIDI 1
VMIDI 1 -> Launchpad S

Then in Traktor I select Input = VMIDI 1, Output = VIMIDI 1. The problem is that Traktor is receiving the input successfully, but the output from Traktor is not reaching the Launchpad S. I've previously used more complex set-ups involving MIDI-OX + loopMIDI and I can't think of anything that's wrong with my configuration.

Thanks!
Scoox_

Re: Output to virtual port not working

Postby Scoox_ » 04 Nov 2015, 10:57

PS: A quick note, the images I posted are not being displayed to their full width. Please right-click the image and select "copy image address" (exact wording depends on you browser) and open the address in a new tab.
Scoox_

Return to Questions