Whatever over CopperLan

Whatever over CopperLan

Postby Nufis. » 11 Jan 2012, 14:33

From what I have read and tested by myself so far it is obviously clear that CoperLan became a replacement for MIDI, a very good replacement.
But is it all? I guess no. I remember, I saw somewhere various other uses are possible, like audio streaming, DMX, and almost anything one can immagine could be made "-over-CopperLan".
How is it going to work, and when? Is it implemented right now, or just left "for future use"?
I know the questions are rather silly, however, I hope I'm not the only one "burning in impatience" to get clear answers on these...
Nufis.

Re: Whatever over CopperLan

Postby CopperPhil » 11 Jan 2012, 15:26

Hi,

Sure CopperLan is not just a "replacement of MIDI"... it's not our aim actually. What we do is far away from the one-way point-to-point connection, considering only the communication aspect. You know CopperLan is a network relying on various kind of physical transport with complete abstraction of "where are physically located" things... there are so many differences, I wont quote them all here, I did it in multiple places over the Internet.

CopperLan is really multi-purpose. It was initially designed for Music Industry, but it can be used each time an efficient command & control is needed. We have validated usage in show control, pro-audio, broadcast, stage and studio, and theoretically it could be even used in industrial automation...

We'll present a wide set of demo during the NAMM next week. You can watch some tech preview from my youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/zebigbuild).

Thanks for your enthusiasm and keep patient, things take time to become real :-)
CopperPhil

Return to Feature request