No Copper Lan When Internet Is Off?

No Copper Lan When Internet Is Off?

Postby digiman999 » 29 May 2012, 20:18

Hi All,

Had CL working here with Windows 7 64bit, Steinberg Midex 8, Ableton Live & Sibelius 7. It was fine but then started getting flakey & losing virtual MIDI settings. I've just twigged that maybe it's the Internet connection, which is temperamental & now doesn't work at all (with no connections showing at all in CL). Is this likely to be the culprit, or would the issue lie elsewhere (e.g. Midex drivers). If it is the Net, can then get an Internet booster and continue solving the problem from there

Regards
Digiman
digiman999

Re: No Copper Lan When Internet Is Off?

Postby CopperPhil » 01 Jun 2012, 08:15

Hi,

It is the first time such issue is reported. CopperLan is not IP based, so it does not interact with other protocols nor internet connection. The CopperLan Manager is checking for new version availability at startup if an internet connection exists, but this is a simple CopperLan application, you don't need to let it running all the time in order to use CopperLan which is relying on background services.

Can you tell me more about the circumstances surrounding the loss of VMIDI settings? Is your configuration variable? I mean, do you change regularly the set of MIDI ports in your computer?

Anyway, you should be able to store and restore patching configuration using the Snapshot panel. Did you try it?

/Phil
CopperPhil

Return to General