Various Questions

Various Questions

Postby rockum » 27 Jan 2013, 23:59

First, thank you so much for an awesome program which seems to have tremendous potential.

I had several questions. I have a very hard time using the snapshots to consistently load my setup. I would like to use the exact same configuration each launch. I often have to reset my ethernet interface when the manager launches and I find that several of my hardware ports are reported as missing each time I reboot. Oddly, when I go into the "Edit" tab, all of the devices are listed. I am guessing that they are either somehow failing to be recognized as the same devices, or that Copperlan is loading before these devices have had a chance to load and be fully recognized by OS X. If that is the case is there a way to delay the copperlan service's launch?

I also don't clearly understand what "MIDI port auto-handling" or what any of the advanced settings are.

It would be nice if the snapshot could be saved as a document which could be loaded as a standard double-clickable finder item. Also, once a snapshot is made active, it could automatically update as various hardware devices came online.

Although I have to re-build my setup each time, once it is running it works very well. Again thanks!!!
rockum

Re: Various Questions

Postby CopperPhil » 28 Jan 2013, 00:36

Hi Rockum,

Yes indeed, it seems that there is such issue under MacOSX. We got some similar feedback these days. We're working on it and it should be fixed very quickly.

If you activate the "MIDI port auto-handling", each MIDI port is handled automatically by CopperLan. In this case you don't have to go to the CopperLan Manager editor to activate a MIDI port on the CopperLan network. Usually this option is off because it could induce some conflict with 3rd party MIDI softwares.

Yes it's a good idea to make the snapshot file clickable. We'll evaluate how to make it available shortly.

Thanks for your feedback, we'll work to fix it as soon as possible (back from NAMM Show).

Cheers,
CopperPhil

Postby rockum » 28 Jan 2013, 01:28

Thanks for the quick reply. Have fun at NAMM and don't let the constant noise drive you nuts. ;)
rockum

Postby rockum » 31 Jan 2013, 05:02

I spent some time trying to understand better what was going on. It seems that the device ports are all consistently found by copperlan, but some or all sporadically receive new identifiers upon each reboot. The ones that fail to receive the same identifiers are of course turned off by default. I then delete each of the unfound ports which have received new identifiers and then reconnect them to their newly identified counterparts. The process is pretty time consuming, but it seems rock-solid after everything has been reconnected. Is there any way to have copperlan identify ports merely by name? Despite the fact that the ports have new identifiers, they always receive the same names.

Thanks again.
rockum

Return to General