Details not showing

Details not showing

Postby soundklinik » 16 Feb 2013, 15:30

Hi, first of all, thank you for creating such a great and free product.
I am very new to it and have been looking at some of the videos and trying to follow them.
One problem is, that I find my hardware, but not my software and there is no way I can get into the details of VSTs or DAWs as I see on tutorial videos, controlling individual pots etc..
Also I can not move individual "modules" to get a better view, all is connected into one block?
What am I missing?
Also is there a midi feedback protection?
Thanks
PS Edit: Is there a problem having Loopbe1 installed?
soundklinik

Re: Details not showing

Postby soundklinik » 18 Feb 2013, 12:30

No reply Copperheads?
Is it that only certain VST/Hardware that you support, or that are your product that show details, or I have no idea what I'm doing?
I don't show ANY standalone DAW/VST like Reaktor, Ableton etc in Copperlan?
Copperlan connections show up in all of those, but it stops there...NO detail :?

Thanx
soundklinik

Re: Details not showing

Postby CopperPhil » 18 Feb 2013, 13:43

Hi,

Actually I don't know exactly what to answer since I'm not sure to understand your concern... :oops:

- Existing MIDI software (DAW, VST) is... MIDI... not CopperLan.
- CopperLan is able to bridge physical MIDI ports to the network
- It creates also a set of Virtual MIDI ports to allow legacy MIDI applications to get access to the network
- Since most of these MIDI applications do not create MIDI ports, they do not appear on the network... But if you are running Numerology on a Mac, it creates virtual MIDI ports that you can bridge to CopperLan.

So, from Ableton, you can send/receive MIDI to/from VMIDI1 port and patch each channel to anywhere on the network using the CopperLan Manager.

The CopperPlug wrapper is aimed to add CopperLan connectivity to existing VST plugins. A new version is currently under test. Plugins natively CopperLan would be available soon, hardware CopperLan controllers too.

About the "modules" in the CopperLan Manager, the Connect and Editor views are hierarchical, so you can't move blocks. On these views you can enter into a CopperLan application tree to perform some operation (making connection or edit parameters), and the logic of the workflow is going from left to right.

There is no MIDI feedback protection managed by CopperLan (impossible since CopperLan does far more than "just" sending MIDI from A to B, actually it can't guess the user's MIDI intents).
CopperPhil

Return to General