MIDI from GlovePIE and Port Binding

MIDI from GlovePIE and Port Binding

Postby gnunoob » 21 Mar 2013, 19:07

***I had like 20000 words written as an explanation for this, hopefully I've cut it down to something acceptable**

I use GlovePie to accept input from things like old blackberrys, really old joysticks, nintendo wiimotes and various accessories, USB IR commands from remotes, things that do not send a MIDI signal.

GlovePie lets me map the input of each button, and it translates the input into MIDI. In GlovePie, a default MIDI device is assigned. For this, I use XP Pro, where the dialog in sound settings still has a place to manually select a default device. Mine is MIDI Yoke 1. MIDI Yoke 1 IN is "where" GlovePie accepts the input.

Then I need a device out. MIDI Yoke is default device, so Yoke 2 OUT. In my DAW, I choose Yoke 2 IN to receive the Yoke 2 OUT from GlovePie.

In CopperLan, I need to change the No to Yes for MIDI Yoke 2 before it can use it right. I'm assuming that means I need to be using Yoke 2 IN since it's coming OUT from GlovePie.

But when I open Yoke 2 for communication, CopperLan takes control of both IN and OUT of Yoke 2 regardless of what I choose. So then in my DAW it tells me Yoke 2 IN is already in use.

I have tried to send Yoke 2 OUT to a different port but the communication will not go through. CopperLan kills the path of the information before it has a chance to accept it and send it through the network.

So it's supposed to be accepting the data coming from Yoke 2 IN, but it can't get it because it takes authority over it.

Any suggestions on how I could get GlovePie and CopperLan to play nice together? They both want different things, each one needs what the one needs to work. I've tried yelling at them, it doesn't help.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
gnunoob

Re: MIDI from GlovePIE and Port Binding

Postby Copperhead » 02 May 2013, 11:18

Not knowing MIDI Yoke, my generic suggestion is that in the CopperLan Manager, you can activate independently the CP>MIDI and MIDI>CP interfacing. This way, you should be able to tell CopperLan to take control of only one linking direction.
Copperhead
Site Admin

Return to General