One midi port doesn't seem to work

One midi port doesn't seem to work

Postby PiersW » 28 Mar 2013, 12:36

I am using copperlan with two pc's and an al-88 and an al-22. most of my midi is on pc 1 running cubase6. I have routed all al-88 midi ports to v1-8 and vice versa. al-22 ports to v9-10 and vice versa in the copperlan manager. Everything works fine except v-7 which does not register a note on the al-88 channel indicator and no midi signal is transmitted. When I switch the the midi leads to al-88 channel 8 and switch the corresponding midi channel in cubase to v8 everything works fine. It seems like the ethernet connection or my copperlan setup isn't working for v7 but despite resetting the patch wires in copperlan manager several times I can't get a signal. I am flummoxed. Any ideas please anybody? :

I should say copperlan with my alyseum boxes is streets,- no light years better, faster, more accurate, more versatile than my old usb amt 8 system which it replaces. I am thrilled. Thank you. :D
PiersW

Re: One midi port doesn't seem to work

Postby CopperPhil » 28 Mar 2013, 13:19

Hi,

Can you check that VMIDI7 is not open by another application than Cubase at the same time? Midi port usage is exclusive under Windows, so if another application is already using VMIDI7, Cubase can't open it.

Thank you for your enthusiasm :)

/Phil
CopperPhil

Re: One midi port doesn't seem to work

Postby PiersW » 29 Mar 2013, 11:48

Thank you for your prompt response.It was helpful. It all works now,I think it was Windows control panel/audio settings that had decided to change to that midi port as a result of my removing the amt8.
PiersW

Return to General