Renaming Virtual Midi Ports

Renaming Virtual Midi Ports

Postby jonnevaltonen » 17 Sep 2013, 16:51

Hello,

Just got Alyseums AL-88 midibox and really loving it (as well as copperlan manager software!). This will probably make me sounding like a tooth, but is it possible to rename the virtual midi ports ? And is it possible to restrict the number of separate streams (midi channels) found inside Virtual Midi -window ? I´m using Protools 8 and it would be nice if my outboard synthesizer would be named accordingly (instead of named Virtual Midi 1-8) as well as giving the right amount of midi channels available (like my Nordlead has 4, etc..)

Thank you for your time.
jonnevaltonen

Re: Renaming Virtual Midi Ports

Postby CopperPhil » 17 Sep 2013, 17:22

Hi,

No you can't rename the Virtual MIDI port for the moment. However it is something we plan to add in a future release.

About the channel limitation, it's not possible to determine on the CopperLan side the number of channels used by the software or equipment located in the other side of the MIDI port... I understand your concern, but MIDI is what it is... we can't bring down the limits it imposes.

/Phil
CopperPhil

Postby jonnevaltonen » 17 Sep 2013, 17:31

Ok, thank you for your quick response!
jonnevaltonen

Postby Silentservice.de » 24 Jul 2015, 10:58

The renaming of the VMIDI ports is not a small issue. I will post details it in the feature req. section.

Best
Armin
Silentservice.de

Return to General