MAC OSX Lion 32bit vs 64bit

MAC OSX Lion 32bit vs 64bit

Postby KITMAN » 09 Feb 2014, 20:07

Hi, I have recently upgraded my iMAC from Snow Leopard to Lion. When running Lion in 64 bit mode CopperLan manager works as it did under Snow Leopard (32bit). However when I run Lion in 32 bit mode (which is what I need to do as I have outboard equipment for which there are no 64 bit drivers) the ethernet interface dialogue box in CopperLan Manager is empty - which seems a bit strange as it can still see my MAC Pro sitting on the network.

All other aspects of the network seem to run fine in both 32bit and 64bit.

Thanks for any advice you can provide...
KITMAN

Re: MAC OSX Lion 32bit vs 64bit

Postby CopperPhil » 09 Feb 2014, 21:27

Hi,

Well it seems that the cpuserd agent is not running when you are in 32 bit mode. This agent is running under current user credentials and is responsible of virtual MIDI handling and VNM configuration (VNM=Virtual Network Manager, this is the CopperLan engine, see the cpvnmd deamon). So your Mac is probably not exposing any VMIDI port on the CopperLan network.

Can you check the Activity Monitor to see if cpuserd is running or not, or continuously restarting (if the process id is changing every second)? You can also run the Console application and check if you see any crash report related to cpuserd. Please copy-paste it here if available.

/Phil
CopperPhil

Return to General