questions 101

questions 101

Postby cgodzillao » 22 Oct 2014, 19:14

Hi,

i'm using :
NUENDO - copperlan - MS812

i have questions i can't find in the manual :

1- i see modifiers A & B in manual. i can only see the "A" in copperlan manager. What would B mean ?
2- i'm trying to set CC going to seperate CV outs. i read in manual "When the source is MIDI, the messages enter the CopperLan network as MIDI controllers, and the resolution is usually 7-bit (128 values)." Ok but this is not automatic right ? we have to inform copperlan that this is MIDICC ? because when i go to EDIT/MS812/Performance/MONO1/Custom Messages : i don't see where i can set this to MIDI. When i press learn and send CC i see the ModifierA monitor moving but the scal doesn't correspond to midi. Do i have to manually set the "ModifierA Gain" to fit MIDI resolution ? If yes what is the exact value (sounds like 44%) ?
3- how do you set thin data in copperlan ? pressing shift/alt or ctrl doesn't change the resolution of the mouse.
4- is there a way to manually enter values of sliders in copperlan ?
5- i can't set commerLan Manager on my iPad although it is on the same network for internet and so on. (i read No Copperlan on bottom right so.. + display of menus is super slow i wait 2 sec to have refresh .. is it because i'm using copperlan on both computer and ipad ?

thx for help
cgodzillao

Re: step by step ?

Postby CopperPhil » 22 Oct 2014, 19:57

Hi,

1) I can't give you answer right now on MS-812 questions, I don't remember the exact behavior of these A & B modifiers. Such question should be normally asked to the Alyseum support... ;)

2) MIDI messages are translated to CopperLan messages, but we can't create hi-res messages from low-res MIDI CC. So the MIDI value is scaled to fit in the CopperLan standard 16-bit payload (CopperLan supports also higher resolutions, but 16-bit is the minimum requirement). About the scaling, yes you have to adjust manually the scale depending on what you want to do... Note that you have also the possibility to create a CopperLan Controllers using the MS-812 direct contro mode (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUGG3I ... 7ED129E6F8).

3) In the CopperLan Manager, you can make thin slider adjustment by scrolling vertically the mouse.

4) this is not possible from the CopperLan Manager at this time. Maybe in a future release.

5) CopperLan Manager on iPad is quite experimental. A CopperLan application running on iPad is relying on a CopperLan engine hosted by a computer on the same network. If you read "no copperlan" on the bottom right, it means that the iPad is unable to get connected to the copperlan engine for any reason... different subnet (can be, some WIFI routers create two subnets for wired LAN and WIFI), UDP broadcast not forwarded through WIFI, bad WIFI quality (CopperLan is not friend with high latency networks), antivirus/shield running on the computer and preventing communication from the iPad, ...

/Phil
CopperPhil

Re: questions 101

Postby cgodzillao » 22 Oct 2014, 20:21

ok i'm so sorry :)
i opened alyseum forum and copperlan and i mixed it up i thought i was asking this on the alyseum.
thx for the answers !
cgodzillao

Postby cgodzillao » 22 Oct 2014, 20:44

ok about the video that you linked. it's fine but i'm not using an external keyboard controler.
i guess the one on the video is in USB connected to the network.

i'm using midi squencer from reaktor inside nuendo to send midi to MS812
is it possible to create controler the same way on the video ? or is it dedicated to HW devices.

if i can't do the "learn" to create controlers then i guess the only solution is to use Modifers A with gain set to MIDI resolution.
cgodzillao

Postby CopperPhil » 22 Oct 2014, 20:48

No it is not possible to create CopperLan Controllers from a virtual MIDI port at the moment. Again, maybe in a future release...

But indeed, you can send MIDI CC from Nuendo to VMIDI1 (for example), connect VMIDI1-CHx to the MS-812 section of your choice, and learn Modier A then trim the scaling.
CopperPhil

Postby cgodzillao » 22 Oct 2014, 21:25

ok thx i have this right now ;)
more porblems but that's inside midi cubase :p i'll try steinberg forum now
thx for help
cgodzillao

Return to General