multiple trigger / retrigger

multiple trigger / retrigger

Postby cgodzillao » 10 Oct 2015, 16:37

Hi,

i send gate to my modular to play basic synth sounds.
when i press a key i want a gate to activate the envelopes. but when playing legato i want the envelopes to be retrigged on each new note rather then staying in the "sustain" level.

how can i do that ? it's called multiple retrigger in kenton tools and other synths i have.
cgodzillao

Re: multiple trigger / retrigger

Postby verstaerker » 11 Oct 2015, 14:08

sorry what does this have to do with the Copperlan-software? It's simply transmitting what you send - what you want has either the synth or the source to deliver. The mentioned Kenton device is a Midi-CV Converter ... you can still use this if you need this functions.
verstaerker

Postby cgodzillao » 13 Oct 2015, 11:04

hi thx for your answer
"what does this have to do with the Copperlan-software"
obviously i'm asking a noob question because i have no idea and i'm not a master engineer in lan protocol development, i only do music.

"It's simply transmitting what you send"
i'm using the Alyseum MS812 you'r suggesting this tool is the one not able to do retrigg or multi trig from what copperlan send ?

"you can still use this if you need this functions"
i'd love to but it's dedicated to my ms10 already. I start to understand why MS812 was a mistake and copperlan not the thing i expected.
cgodzillao

Postby Copperhead » 13 Oct 2015, 12:23

cgodzillao wrote:hi thx for your answer
"what does this have to do with the Copperlan-software"
obviously i'm asking a noob question because i have no idea and i'm not a master engineer in lan protocol development, i only do music.

"It's simply transmitting what you send"
i'm using the Alyseum MS812 you'r suggesting this tool is the one not able to do retrigg or multi trig from what copperlan send ?

"you can still use this if you need this functions"
i'd love to but it's dedicated to my ms10 already. I start to understand why MS812 was a mistake and copperlan not the thing i expected.

The retrigger function you ask for is indeed unrelated to CopperLan.
CopperLan (or MIDI, or any other transport) cannot by itself change a flow of polyphonic notes into a retriggered mono play. This is something to be done by a function in a software or hardware.
CopperLan is marketed as a networking system, not a data processing toolbox.
Please avoid bashing CopperLan for what it was never meant for.

Now regarding your problem, by looking at the MS-812 manual, we've seen that there is a possibility to get a retriggered gate the way you want.
Since you bought an MS-812, we assume that you are into modular synths.
So, you have to get both a gate and a trigger out of one MS-812's section.
Note that the trigger-out polarity should be inverted in the MS-812 (staying high at rest with 0V down spikes when triggering).
Then taking these two signals (gate and inverted trigger), you need to AND them logically.
This can be done in one of two ways:
* Use a modulation VCA (one signal as the level control, the other as the signal to be modulated).
* Use a dedicated logic module and feed a two-input AND gate.
The resulting signal at the output will be a retriggered gate.

If you have more questions regarding the MS-812, please see with its manufacturer.
Copperhead
Site Admin

Return to General