FL Studio and Copperlan integration

FL Studio and Copperlan integration

Postby gh0st1 » 17 Aug 2016, 02:13

So far I like the program and it's easy to sync up between two computers using FL Studio. I hit the play on one PC and the other starts. So far so good.

My next goal is to sync the BPMs between the two. Meaning I control it from one PC and have the other PC match when I change the bpm, either through a midi controller slider/knob or manually with a mouse in the program. However I am at a loss on how this is done. I am not sure if I need to create some new port? If it is a matter of routing I am not sure how that is done.

My other goal is to get my midi controllers set up, but there seems to be some info out there on that matter.
gh0st1

Re: FL Studio and Copperlan integration

Postby CopperPhil » 17 Aug 2016, 07:08

I have no idea on how to do that from FL Studio, perhaps could you post your question on FL Studio related forum?

But if this can be done through MIDI, creating a virtual MIDI cable between two FL studio instances should be enough. The whole MIDI flow is transmitted through CopperLan.

For the MIDI controllers, it is not necessary to pass through CopperLan to handle them from FL Studio. You can, of course, but in this case you should create a virtual MIDI cable between the CopperLan representation of the MIDI device and a VMIDI port that you open in FL Studio. Some CopperLan users do this with very old MIDI stuff having a specific driver that is no more available in 64-bit, they host the device on a old 32-bit Windows system and use CopperLan to make it available from their DAW running on a recent 64-bit system. But in most cases, you can just disable the MIDI device related port from CopperLan (CopperLan Manager's Edit tab, MIDI on your computer, MIDI to/from CopperLan, device, enable/disable) to be able to use it as is from any MIDI software running on the computer hosting the MIDI device. MIDI port drivers are usually single instance drivers under Windows, it means that you can open it from a single MIDI software at a time. Handling a MIDI port from CopperLan prevents using it from another application, so you have to disable the MIDI<->CopperLan bridge if you want to use a MIDI device directly from your DAW.
CopperPhil

Re: FL Studio and Copperlan integration

Postby gh0st1 » 18 Aug 2016, 02:49

Thanks CopperPhil for the reply.

I have checked the FL forums, and will keep searching. I am sure there is a way to do this somehow. But overall this CopperLan has created a lot more options than I had before. If I find a solution I shall post it here indeed.
gh0st1

Return to General