Network computers not visible

Network computers not visible

Postby HumanDesign » 05 Jul 2018, 10:18

Hi,

Cannot see other computers in CopperLan Manager.

- Ethernet is working between two computers (1. MainDawPC (Win10) and 2. VideoPC (Win8).)
- Copperlan 1.4(5) installed on both.
- Opening Managers on both.
- "Ethernet" as status on both.
- But only one Midi (computer) is visible (not the other computer).
- When connecting Midi devise to 2. VideoPC it comes visible in Copperlan. (Same device is not anymore working with Cubase after CopperLan installation)
- When connecting Midi devise to 1. MainDawPC no reaction in manager (Same Devise is working on Cubase though).
- Uninstalled CopperLan from 2VideoPC.
- Now Midi Devise gets visible in 1. MainDawPC Copperlan but Cubase ain't anymore reacting.

What????

Seems CoppeLan is screwing my midi and I did not manage to connect computers.
Cannot find any decent manual either.
I was really exited about CopperLan and now disappointed.

I really hope get going with CopperLan but start seems to be hard as hell.

http://www.humandesign.fi
HumanDesign

Re: Network computers not visible

Postby verstaerker » 13 Jul 2018, 15:39

how exactly the computers are connected?
verstaerker

Postby CopperPhil » 04 Aug 2018, 10:37

Hi,

Please check that the selected Ethernet Interface is correct in the CopperLan Manager settings. It is possible that it is pointing to a virtual Ethernet Interface, resulting in "Ethernet" status in the bottom right corner but not accessible from the other computer.

In most cases, Windows MIDI device drivers are designed for exclusive usage. This is why your MIDI device is not working with Cubase if it is bridged in CopperLan. You have two solutions:
- disable the MIDI device from CopperLan Manager/Edit/Midi on computer/MIDI to CP interface and CP to MIDI interface. => the MIDI device is now accessible from Cubase but can't be connected to another computer through CopperLan.
- keep the CopperLan bridging for the MIDI device. But then create a virtual MIDI cable from this device to a VMIDI, then use this VMIDI in Cubase instead of the MIDI device. The benefit is that you can now connect this MIDI device to any other computer at the same time by adding virtual MIDI cables to the device (CopperLan splits automatically the incoming MIDI to the specified targets).
CopperPhil

Postby solipsvs » 15 Aug 2018, 03:17

brilliant i say Phil ol chap, brilliant!
solipsvs

Return to General