Is it possible to....

Is it possible to....

Postby InfaRed » 25 May 2019, 21:46

Hi. I am using CopperLan with a Alyseum AL-88c. Been using for years now totally fine, I love it.

Except one issue. Randomly, but approximately once every 2-3 months or so my CopperLan app somehow totally forgets all I/O. To remedy this, I had set up "Snapshots" because to have to manually always rebuild my port system I/O is just a headache.

I thought that would solve all my problems, and it did for a while. Cause yes it would lose the set up I made, but all I did was recall my Snapshot and I was good ! Yeah ! -- BUT no -

For the first time ever, last night, I went back and not only did it lose the I/O set as usual, but all my Snapshots were gone ! Not there. Like the whole app just reset itself or something. Totally bunk. Had to recreate my entire set up and then save a "Snapshot" again. Lets see how long this one keeps for.

One odd thing is that it does save all the names I renamed the ports to. So how does it keep those, but not the I/O or even a "Snapshot" ?

Anyway, here is my real question - Where does CopperLan store the "Snapshot" file ? I am on a Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. Cause my idea would be this. If it loses snapshots, then I imagine it also for some reason deletes that file. So once I make a snapshot in the app, I'd quit and go find the snapshot save file and make a back up of it, THEN when/if it ever loses itself again, I'd just go and put my snapshot file backup (actually a copy of) in the correct place and VIOLA !! Right ???

Please help - any input valuable and thanks in advance -
InfaRed

Re: Is it possible to....

Postby sunmachine » 25 Feb 2020, 22:06

Just in case you're still looking for the location where snapshots are saved on a Mac, have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=652
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, OS X 10.9.5
sunmachine

Re: Is it possible to....

Postby midi0101010 » 22 Jun 2021, 21:09

Some devices I use in virtual VMWare machine, but some in real LAN. How can I join together in one MIDI lan these virtual network adapter and real network adapter?
midi0101010

Return to General