Virtual MIDI Drivers - Active Sensing Off?

Virtual MIDI Drivers - Active Sensing Off?

Postby arakula » 07 Mar 2012, 22:23

Hi,

is there any possibility to turn off Active Sensing on the Virtual MIDI drivers? If I just connect 2 applications inside the same PC using a VMidi port, it doesn't make much sense...

Thank you,

Hermann
arakula

Re: Virtual MIDI Drivers - Active Sensing Off?

Postby CopperPhil » 07 Mar 2012, 22:42

No it is not possible to disable active sensing at the moment. It is automatically generated as soon a connection is established to the CopperLan->MIDI device, and stopped when no more connection is pointing to the device...

So we believe it make sense since CopperLan is a networking technology. If a source located on computer A send a note on to a CopperLan->MIDI port on computer B, then the connection is dropped (just unplug the cable), the CopperLan->MIDI port on computer B loose its incoming connection, and so stop sending active sensing resulting in a sound off on.

This example is also valid inside a single PC, if the source application crashes after triggering a sound ON.

It is true that if you are just connecting a VMIDI->CoppeLan to a CopperLan->VMIDI on a single computer, the risk is limited, but you can always drop the connection while a sound is on...

Well... we may consider a new option to manually disable active sensing if it makes sense for many people...

Cheers,

/Phil
CopperPhil

Re: Virtual MIDI Drivers - Active Sensing Off?

Postby johnamolo » 14 Dec 2013, 19:11

Please put an option to disable active sensing, i really like my midi stream clean and safe.

Regards,
John
johnamolo

Return to General