Windows Install not working over remote desktop

Windows Install not working over remote desktop

Postby stoecklem » 21 Jan 2014, 20:58

Hi
Thanks for making Copperlan!

Is there any reason that copperlan would not install correctly when installing over remote desktop. I've never had problems with the install before and now I can't get it to install correctly on windows 7 64 bit. I wanted to upgrade to 1.2 since I occasionally my connections will be forgotten. The manager installs and sees all computers and the copperlan entry shows up in the internet adapter properties, but the midi ports are just not there.

My current temporary living situation doesn't allow me a lot of space so I'm using remote desktop from my iMac to a windows 7 pc and the next step will be to fetch a mouse and monitor out of storage to get this working, but I'm a bit worried there is something more wrong. I thought I'd post and see if you could offer any suggestions and see if you thought installing remotely would cause trouble.

Thanks
stoecklem

Re: Windows Install not working over remote desktop

Postby CopperPhil » 21 Jan 2014, 21:23

Hi,

well.... good question :? I don't see any reason....

Did you activate the MIDI ports to be handled by CopperLan? CopperLan Manager's Edit tab, "MIDI", "MIDI to CP interface" and "CP to MIDI interface", should be "on".
CopperPhil

Postby stoecklem » 21 Jan 2014, 23:20

I'm actually not using any physical midi port on the pc. The Vmidi ports are not showing up. I'll let you know what happens when I install without remote desktop.
stoecklem

Postby CopperPhil » 21 Jan 2014, 23:44

Ha ok. It's possible that the VMIDI driver failed to install due to the UAC under Windows Vista and later. You can check the device manager, sound video and game controller, CopperLan Virtual MIDI driver shoud be there, the version is 1.20.1.1

If you have no driver, or another version, you should try to uninstall and then re-install CopperLan being attentive to any dialog box related to driver installation. And yes, it's possible that such special UAC dialog box (grabbing full screen focus) is not handled through remote desktop.
CopperPhil

Return to Windows and Mac installation