CopperlanWNXP/WIN7setup trouble - Request for a step by step

CopperlanWNXP/WIN7setup trouble - Request for a step by step

Postby CopperMiner » 18 Jan 2017, 13:01

Hello CopperHeads! Since i am new to this place, i first of all would like to introduce myself and request some help for correctly setting up this One.

My Setup is as follows:
Dell Latitude D420 WINXP32 SP3 on a Dock, connected to
a MOTU MIDI EXPRESS XT parallel with Synths attached via MIDI,
a CME UF6 USB,
and an AKAI S3000 connected via SCSI
- all set up and running without flaws so far.

HP Probook 4530s WIN7 64pro, connected via Firewire to
two Focusrite saffire pro 10 i/o
- also without flaws

For some special reason, the setup cannot be set up in another way, since the Sampler needs SCSI and the UF6 NEEDS XP, which the other Computer could not provide due to lack of extra Express Card Ports (and a different OS, regarding the UF6)

So lets take the setup as Given.

Problem is, WIN7 and XP both run CopperLan Manager as "Local" and do not see each other, for some strange reason. I already had them Communicate once by chance some weeks ago, but after some fiddling around they refuse to recognise each other. LAN is working so far.

On XP
CopperLan Virtual MIDI Driver is installed and running,
CopperLan Ethernet protocol is installed and ticked,
but
CopperLan Manager says, that its running local only, and i even cannot select my BroadCom NetXtreme Network adapter in the Settings Menu.

ON WIN7 64
CopperLan Virtual MIDI Driver is installed and running,
CopperLan Ethernet protocol is installed and ticked,
but
CopperLan Manager says, that its running local only, and i even cannot select my Realtek PCIe GBe Family Network adapter in the Settings Menu.

So maybe someone could be so kind and take a NOOB by the hand and watch him thru this Issue step by step.
CopperMiner

Re: CopperlanWNXP/WIN7setup trouble - Request for a step by

Postby CopperMiner » 18 Jan 2017, 15:04

Solved it by myself. Uninstall and ReInstall of CopperLan on the XP did the job. No more help necessary on this topic, can be closed.
CopperMiner

Postby CopperMiner » 20 Jan 2017, 19:18

CopperMiner wrote:Solved it by myself. Uninstall and ReInstall of CopperLan on the XP did the job. No more help necessary on this topic, can be closed.

Okay, that was way too fast then. Still having trouble, either of the Machines loose connection quite often, so its no very stable thing at all.

Maybe someone could help me?
CopperMiner

Postby CopperPhil » 27 Jan 2017, 15:49

First of all, are you sure that you installed the CopperLan V1.3(3) for XP on your XP computer, and CopperLan 1.4(3) on your Win7 computer?

/Phil
CopperPhil

Return to Windows and Mac installation