Installation error WIN XP 64 Bit

Installation error WIN XP 64 Bit

Postby digimen » 17 Jun 2015, 19:01

Hi,

For a few days I am trying to install copperlan on a win xp 64 bit os, but without luck..

I tried the installation on several different hardware machines, all with the same result, no working copperlan. The 1.3 and 1.4 version(both 12mb in size) do not install the CPVNM service or the Copperlan over ethernet driver(CPOETHPROT). The XP32 version (6MB size) does install the CPVNM service and Copperlan over ethernet driver, but when I start copperlan there is no NIC to select, the selection field stays empty.

Looking further it seems that though the driver is installed (protocol is installed at tcp/ip NIC properties) the CPOETHPROT service cannot start.

When trying to start the service manually using "sc start cpoethprot" or using NET start, I get the error "This driver has been blocked from loading", which is is normal as I try to install a 32bit driver.

I also tried to install manually the CPOETHPROT from the 1.3 or 1.4 version. I can add the CPOETHPROT protocol to the NIC, but when starting using net start or sc start , I get the following error:
"System error 127 has occurred.
The specified procedure could not be found."

I am at loss here, I feel that it could work, please advise!

Kind regards,

Jeroen
digimen

Re: Installation error WIN XP 64 Bit

Postby CopperPhil » 20 Jun 2015, 19:03

Hi,

First, CopperLan never supported XP64 OS... Secondly, we do not support XP anymore! This OS is obsolete, too different from the latest Windows version. We can't continue supporting it, especially as Microsoft stopped supporting it in April 2014.

Using the previous XP32 distribution V1.3 is not a solution, just because the drivers are not compatible with XP64. No driver => no communication => no CopperLan...

So unfortunately, we have no solution for you. Sorry...

/Phil
CopperPhil

Return to Windows and Mac installation