New version on the horizon?

New version on the horizon?

Postby bluerover » 20 Feb 2017, 00:03

Hello,

I'm really enjoying COPPERLAN! Currently using (x3) AL-88c units to connect 24 external synths.
I ditched my MOTU Midi Timepieces for these units, and they work great, using a network switch w/ 4-ins.

Question #1 : Any plans to release a new version of COPPERLAN?

Also, I have a USAMO external hardware sync, connected to one of the AL-88c midi inputs. So....

Question #2 : Can I have that one "clock" midi-input send "clock" to all 24 synths midi-ins, across all three AL-88c's?

Thanks for your time and support :-)
bluerover

Re: New version on the horizon?

Postby CopperPhil » 20 Feb 2017, 00:39

Hi,

Yes a new version is currently under test and should be released verry soon. No big change for music domain, the main changes in this version are related to AudioLan.

However we have re-activated the CopperLan Manager for iOS, it is also under test and should be made available in the stride.
CopperPhil

Postby CopperPhil » 20 Feb 2017, 00:45

About Question 2, yes you can create several connections from a Clock output (by output, I mean "MIDI -> CopperLan") to a set of Sys/Clock inputs ("CopperLan -> MIDI"). Output and Input terms are from the CopperLan point of view here.

You can do that from the CopperLan Manager's "Connect" tab by creating several virtual MIDI cables from a single port. But if you just need the clock to be forwarded to the set of target ports, click on the Clock output of the port and create your set of connections using the "Add a Clock Listener" option.
CopperPhil

Postby bluerover » 20 Feb 2017, 01:12

Thanks, CopperPhil!
bluerover

Postby brucethehoon » 27 Apr 2017, 15:21

I'd love an update on this. I hate when I google something and my own post is the top result. Copperlan iOS takes me to my post asking about an update.

If you need beta testers, I'm an iOS developer and good at bug reporting :)
brucethehoon

Return to Questions