Direct virtual audio channel support?

Direct virtual audio channel support?

Postby papagirafe » 24 Sep 2018, 19:21

Hi,

Wow! this CopperLan thing works wel but...I know it's possible to transport audio through the CopperPlug wraper but for some live setups it is a bit of an overkill. It would be really nice if multiple "virtual sound cards" appeared and be connected with the same model as the midi channels. It has been done with other softwares on the market but the CoppperLan model is far superior.

Rationale behing this: I do live "virtual pipe organ" concerts in churches and halls that don't have a pipe organ. Most of the time the console (keyboards) where I play are very far from the sound system and audio cables are not reliable at long distances. This is where Ethernet cable comes in with CopperLan:

Scenario 1: computer 1 (old laptop) at the console sends midi signal with CopperLan to powerful computer 2 standing next to the sound system. Computer 2 has the organ software which outputs sound on the soundcard. Computer 1 needs to open a VNC connections to computer 2 in order to control the organ software.

Scenario 2: powerful computer 1 receives midi and generate sound to virtual sound card in CopperLan. The virtual card is connected to the computer2 which only acts as a sound to the sound system. The advantage of this scénario is that the distant computer is less likely to crash (because of simplicity) and computer 1 has direct control of the organ software.
papagirafe

Re: Direct virtual audio channel support?

Postby papagirafe » 01 Oct 2018, 20:45

Sorry, request made in the wrong place, newbie mistake
papagirafe

Return to Feature request