Copperlan ASIO driver

Copperlan ASIO driver

Postby TabSel » 29 Aug 2012, 19:52

would it be possible to develop a multiclient Copperlan ASIO driver, used by ASIO applications, which will then stream audio via Copperlan, and a ASIO hosting device for use within Copperlan, to route CP ASIO audio to the physical card via ASIO?

And transfering other ASIO signals like ASIO direct Monitoring, or ASIO positioning Protocol data via Copperlan, for example?
TabSel

Re: Copperlan ASIO driver

Postby Copperhead » 30 Aug 2012, 09:39

Technically, there are no stumbling blocks for the model you suggest.
Practically, it is up to the company/developer to realize the implementation according to the needs of the application.
We are of course willing to help such initiative and provide the necessary support.
Copperhead
Site Admin

Re: Copperlan ASIO driver

Postby TabSel » 30 Aug 2012, 10:48

I'll have to dig into the sdk then, I guess... Eben though I am a programmer, I am no windows/c++/realtime programmer, so that will be a challenge in my spare time... But I am interested...

I currently use Jackaudio/rtpMIDI/ViennaEnsemblePro5, which all works quite well for streaming audio/midi interapplication/over network and hosting plugins over network. But having everything under the Copperlan hood would be great.

Also, maybe the CopperPlug project could be extended in a way to be able to stream the actual plugins' GUI via Copperlan, with a Copperplug Controller displaying this GUI, on a multitouch device like the iPad for example, similar to a specialized VNC solution... (I currently use iDisplay on my iPad, which adds an additional Screen to Windows; I can display plugins GUIs on this part of the desktop (the iPad) and (single touch) control it...)

I'm just thinking loud... ;)
TabSel

Return to Questions